Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Membership Means

Go down 
+2
Hyuuga Hinata
Akimichi Chouji
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Akimichi Chouji
Hokage
Akimichi Chouji

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-05-31

What Membership Means Empty
PostSubject: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:38 am

I'm sure at least a few people are wondering what the separation of forum members is about so I thought I'd clarify

In the past Naruberta as a whole has run on a completely open membership basis. Anyone who signed up for the forums could essentially consider themselves a member. This has been hazardous to us in the long run. Things like the Akatsuki group were harmed because people who didn't really care about Naruberta or the group volunteered for positions that they never honestly intended to fill. I think we'd be a lot better off if we knew there was a core group of members that had shown they were responsible and could be trusted.

Personally, I see the future of Naruberta being a bit more refined. Potentially moving to an entirely invitational membership basis. However, I think this is a really good start. This system allows people to sign up as juniour-members of sorts and prove that they have what it takes to be a good member of the group.

All this is really just to make Naruberta the best it can be. We have yet to really accomplish anything. There's been talk of entering cosplay contests, visiting American conventions as a presence and other big plans but none of that can be done unless we can get better organized with a group of people that we trust. I love that we're forming unique ideas like the Zombie group. Things like that will really get our name out there.

In the near future there is going to be plans for a lot more Naruberta events which is very exciting and also gives a chance for us to get to know eachother better Smile

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
http://naruberta.com
Hyuuga Hinata

Hyuuga Hinata

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:38 am

I agree with you. Joining a group means you have to be committed, but of course, life if full of surprises and something might pop up meaning you would be unable to commit to something.

I personally would love to start going to American conventions, but maybe not just Naruto cosplay. I know that Cosberta was made, but it did really go as well as Naruberta.

I can't wait for the future plans Smile
(I hope I made sense Razz )
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Naruto
Anbu
Uzumaki Naruto

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Indeed and as a new member of Naruberta I hope I can be a great addition to the team Smile and I promise that I will give you guys 100% every single time or at least try my very best to accomplish everything for the good of Naruberta Smile and I've been to most of the cons in the U.S. such as- Anime Express, Anime Festival, Otakon, Tsubasacon, Sakuracon etc. etc. so I would love to help you guys set something up in the near future Smile
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 1:03 am

Sasori wrote:
Indeed and as a new member of Naruberta I hope I can be a great addition to the team Smile and I promise that I will give you guys 100% every single time or at least try my very best to accomplish everything for the good of Naruberta Smile and I've been to most of the cons in the U.S. such as- Anime Express, Anime Festival, Otakon, Tsubasacon, Sakuracon etc. etc. so I would love to help you guys set something up in the near future Smile

Most of the cons in the US?!?! Freakin sweet man. Cool

I understand the need for quality people to join Naruberta in an attempt to make it strong and stand out. It would be nice to make a name for ourselves, and to do that, we need to make quality costumes and groups, up the bar a bit more. That's why I think this Soul Calibur group will be a really big step for Naruberta as a whole if we all put 150% into it. ^^
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Sasori wrote:
It would be nice to make a name for ourselves, and to do that, we need to make quality costumes and groups, up the bar a bit more. That's why I think this Soul Calibur group will be a really big step for Naruberta as a whole if we all put 150% into it. ^^

I agree, I mean at first i wasn't too pumped about the soul calibur cosplay. But then I started thinking more about it; I realized that not only are group cosplays like this tons of fun, but it causes you to reach new hights to match the person beside you or further... Besides it would be awesome beyond all reason to show the US of A what Canada can do! So i agree with you 100% Chou, we can't afford people to join if they're going to spoil it for the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Akimichi Chouji
Hokage
Akimichi Chouji

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 am

I'm really glad to hear that people are on the same track as me Smile I think we all just want Naruberta to be it's best.

I think the ultimate dream would be to enter the World Cosplay Summit as a team but that's a very very very lofty goal. There never has been a Canadian team before though Wink

Shika, I made you a member since you were a freaking old school member a long time ago and you cosplayed with us at Otafest.
Back to top Go down
http://naruberta.com
Kankuro

Kankuro

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:14 am

Akimichi Chouji wrote:
I'm really glad to hear that people are on the same track as me Smile I think we all just want Naruberta to be it's best.

I think the ultimate dream would be to enter the World Cosplay Summit as a team but that's a very very very lofty goal. There never has been a Canadian team before though Wink

Shika, I made you a member since you were a freaking old school member a long time ago and you cosplayed with us at Otafest.

World cosplay summit!! I want to do that , and it would be cool for all of us to do it too , thats my dream now the ultimate one for me now and i want everyone ealse to do it to becz it can be all of oyr dream our big one just like how naruto wants to become next Hokage! i think all of us can do it and i will help as much as i can to get everyone in our family there i know half of us wants it ...so lets do it!! ( becz my spirits are up) lol!
Back to top Go down
Hyuuga Hinata

Hyuuga Hinata

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:39 am

World Cosplay Sumit...-goes into dream fantasy mode- Razz
That would be one cool experience. But I don't mean to ruin the moment, but I think only teams of 2 can enter Sad

But Naruberta shall prevail! cheers
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:48 am

Hyuuga Hinata wrote:
World Cosplay Sumit...-goes into dream fantasy mode- Razz
That would be one cool experience. But I don't mean to ruin the moment, but I think only teams of 2 can enter Sad

But Naruberta shall prevail! cheers

Actually, there were quite a few different teams at the cosplay summit last year.
There was Brazil, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Thailand, and US.
I think the biggest hurdle we would face is the fact that there is no Team Canada. Laughing

Haha, although I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we start aiming that high already. Laughing Still, if we work hard, in a couple of years, I really think that we could be a strong contender. One of the things I think is a good step is perfecting this Soul Calibur group, and we should decide what we want to cosplay next. Cool

Now, one thing that I think we should do, if we really want to start taking ourselves seriously and be taken seriously, is I think we should actually get some quality pictures taken of our cosplay groups. Don't get me wrong, convention photos are great and they are hella fun and random, but I'm talking something that makes it look like the characters were made for us. Raising the bar and all. Wink

One thing I think that would help to get a name solidified for us, is if we created a Naruberta Deviant Art account, where we could compile the best of the best from our high quality pictures. Deviant Art or any other easily accessible public website could help to break us out from just known in the local cons, to being noticed on a broader spectrum, as in all over the world.
One thing to stress though, is this would be for the best of the best, and all new stuff. I know that we all have pictures that we love from cosplays and years past, but this will be something fresh, something new, and that is what it should contain. Pictures from 2006 need not apply. Laughing We have a photobucket account for Naruberta already where we stored every one of our pictures, quality not a factor. Wink

I know that we all have cosplays from the past that we love, (I I love you Kurenai ) and I'm not saying that we have to abandon the old. I think that, if we polish our old costumes, we should have a photo shoot for all of the old stuff and get some good, new high quality pics of the old stuff. Cool

I dunno, I had to re-write this post like, 1000 times cause I completely fail at trying to get my point across, so what does everyone else think? Do I even make the least bit of sense? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hyuuga Hinata

Hyuuga Hinata

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Seras wrote:
^ Above post. I don't wanna posting something that long over again.
You make sense Very Happy
And I agree nice new photos, and better planned photoshoots maybe where everyone could come and it would be at a place related to our characters(not like downtown in medieval costumes(example)).

I like the pictures what Chouji has taken of us at Otafest while we were in our Akatsuki costumes. But we were out of character I guess you can say, since we were just hanging about and not doing evil crimes (I acutally think this doesn't make sense Dx).

Also for the World Cosplay Summit, I ment that there are only 2 people per team. Like Japan would have two people representing and Brazil would have 2 people, etc.
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Well, I can set up a deviantart account, mind you. If i set it up i would have it so chouji knew the password and all... but for that i can help with the set up and such. Lol i already have an account so i know what to do and id make sure the best of the best pictures went up. Also, i'm not a shabby photographer (some how i don't think that's spelt right lol) so for a photoshoot i could do some awesome individual shots to help show off our stuff! the only requirement is that they have to be exceptional... D:
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Hyuuga Hinata wrote:

Also for the World Cosplay Summit, I ment that there are only 2 people per team. Like Japan would have two people representing and Brazil would have 2 people, etc.

Oh. Laughing Cha, you're right, it looks like usually there are only two people per team that enters in the WCS. ^^;

Oh well, it's still a goal to aim for. Wink

Cha, I agree about getting some good pics closer to the environment of our characters. I think something that would help would just be taking it out of a convention environment so we can get pics that don't have as many people wandering through the background. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Membership Means   What Membership Means Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Membership Means
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Admin :: Announcements-
Jump to: