Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

for soul calibur

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shikamaru

shikamaru

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-14

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:30 pm

I know this is not for a while yet but i'd like to get as much time as possible to plan things so if the right stuff pops up i don't pass on it D:

alrighty then... i'm pretty sure i know how to make seong mina's outfit #1... however... i'm having issues with how i'm going to go about doing the belt thingy and what ever that thing is attached to it is (a tasel?) anyways, because the belt doesn't go all the way 'round ('cause forbid anything make sense in the game...) i need to make sure i can take it off an on without killing myself... so it has to be flexable but tough. Any helpful ideas?

really any's better then what i've got.
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-03

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Do you have a reference pic of the one you're doing that you could share with us? ^^

My memory is poop when it comes to the fine details. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:27 pm

hmmm yeah i do, here you are....
for soul calibur Um_201811_3
it's really the only good image i can find... without trying to fix my comuter lol
Back to top Go down
Aburame Shino

Aburame Shino

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-05-31

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 pm

i can't really tell with that picture i'm sorry DX
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:10 am

lol i'd get a better one but my scanner's broken.... it's the brown thing around her waist by the way. it stops where it gets bigger spearish thing. O_o; i wish i could find a better image but either her knee was in the way (for some ungodly reason) or it's a not so good cosplay... thingy...

this is costume number 1... if that helps...
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:45 am

http://soulcaliburuniverse.com/images/sc3/2dillust/seungmina.jpg
http://soulcaliburuniverse.com/images/sc3/conceptart/concept10.jpg

I found these two, and between them I think they make an okay guideline. Wink

Hmm....so you're going to need something that will be secure enough to stay fastened when you move, but also something that you don't have to fight with to take off....

Hmm....well, if you make it as a secondary attatchment to the skirt (as in they each function on their own plane of existence. Laughing ) then you can probably attatch them together with snaps. ^^ If you want to make the extra piece more solid, I'm going to recommend you sew some foam in there. ^^ Just a good sheet of pillow foam. Wink It's what I use to keep my Akatsuki collar upright. ;D It's really cheap, and I don't think it would be too hard to do. ^^ If not, you could always just iron in some heavy duty interfacing. Wink Although the reason why I think of the foam over the interfacing is the fact that, I'm not too sure how heavy duty interfacing does when curved. ^^; I've never really tried to curve it before....

As for the tassle...I think you could probably whip one up out of some rope and some craft foam or some sculpey. ^^ Just make sure to put two holes through it to run the rope through. ^^ You could probably permanently attatch the top to the extra beltesque thingie. ^^ Just sew it right in, it isn't going anywhere. Laughing

Umm....am I making any sense, or am I just babbling again? Laughing
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:21 am

A little of both lol... that seems easy enough thanks... now i'll just be here for hours convincing myself to start....

The heavy duty foam holds it shape well right? cause if not then the rope thingy would pull on it and make it look funny D:
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Cha, the foam keeps it's shape. Wink I used a really good air dry craft foam for my Ulquiorra helmet. Light, yet sturdy. ^^ Hell, I even smashed that sucker into things and it didn't even crack. *knock on wood* Laughing
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:18 am

lol, that's good then.... next question, where do i buy said foam and such
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 am

For the pillow foam stuff for the belt thingie, you should be able to find some at any good fabric place. ^^ I got mine at the local FabricLand. ^^ As for the air dry craft foam, if you have one around, go to Michaels. ^^ That's where I got mine. Smile It's this stuff called Delight, and it is god. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:23 am

lol i'll keep that in mind, it'll come in handy later, i can paint over top of it right? cause i know paints will eat through certain materials
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:20 am

For the pillow foam stuff, that can't be painted, but you should be sewing that inside of fabric anyways. Wink

As for the craft foam, it can definately be painted. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

for soul calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: for soul calibur   for soul calibur Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

for soul calibur
Page 1 of 1