Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NY Anime Festival

Go down 
+5
Hyuuga Hinata
Akimichi Chouji
Temari
shikamaru
Uzumaki Naruto
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Uzumaki Naruto
Anbu
Uzumaki Naruto

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-06-01

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:57 pm

NARUTO IS PLANNING ON INVADING NYAF YET AGAIN!

I wasn't able to attend last year which was kinda sad cuz that was t he first time I missed it since I started cosplaying so I'm planning on attending next year..lol so I just thought I'd post yet another convention that I'm planning on attending..lol

Now I know what some of you might be thinking...is he planning on taking anyone?, has he made reservations?...who is he taking with him?..is he driving?

well my aunt works for Air Canada and she will be providing me with 2 plane tickets..unfortunately i can only take one which is kinda sad..and reservations will be made sometime this week...so if any of you remember my last thread about the game...well theres another game being planned right now..and lets just say that the winner of this game can come with me! lol

so pretty much the winner of this game will accompany me to the NYAF with all expenses paid for

so long story short keep an eye out for the up coming game thread!
l

WHAT IS THE NEW YORK ANIME FESTIVAL?
The New York Anime Festival is an annual anime convention held at the Jacob K. Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan. It features exclusive and extensive anime screenings, guests from America and Japan, manga, cosplay, video games, live-action Japanese cinema, fashion, food, and the cultural treasures that gave birth to Japanese pop culture.
WHEN IS THE NEW YORK ANIME FESTIVAL?
September 27-29, 2009.

WHERE IS THE NEW YORK ANIME FESTIVAL?
The New York Anime Festival is held at the Jacob K. Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan. The Javits Center is located at 655 West 34th Street. See our Travel page for directions and information about New York City 's buses and subways.

WHO NEEDS A TICKET?
All attendees seven-years-old and up need a ticket to get in. Children six-years-old and younger can enter for free with a paying adult. Please note, the New York Anime Festival recommends all children under 18 attend with an adult, and all children under 13 must have an adult with them while at the New York Anime Festival.

CAN I TAKE PICTURES?
For the most part, you're welcome to take still pictures and video at the New York Anime Festival; however, please note that all photography and recording is prohibited during screenings and concerts. Also, please understand that guests may or may not pose for photographs with fans. Guests have a right to their privacy, and if they ask not to have their picture taken, please respect their wishes.

WILL I BE ON CAMERA?
The New York Anime Festival attracts local, national, and international press including Conan O’Brien, G4, TV Aichi, and Sci Fi Ninja Theater. By attending NYAF, you give your consent to be photographed and appear on camera. Who knows, you may end up on Late Night or YouTube!

WILL GUESTS SIGN AUTOGRAPHS?
The New York Anime Festival's guests will sign autographs both in the New York Anime Festival's Autograph Room and at various booths in the Exhibition Hall. NYAF's Program Grid, coming in the fall, will list all signings taking place in the Autograph Room. Booth signing schedules will be posted throughout the Exhibition Hall. Guests will sign your New York Anime Festival program guide and officially licensed DVDs, manga, toys, and other collectibles, but they will not sign bootleg merchandise. Also, please only bring one item to be signed during each autograph session and understand that guests may or may not pose for photographs with fans. Guests have a right to their privacy, and if they ask not to have their picture taken, please respect their wishes.

CAN I BRING A SWORD? CAN I BUY A SWORD?
If you're bringing, buying, or selling something that could maim, damage, or cause serious bodily harm, we're going to take issue. Please read our Cosplay Weapon Policy and Weapon Sales Policy before attending or exhibiting at the New York Anime Festival with a weapon.

WHAT DOES NYAF THINK ABOUT BOOTLEGS?
The buying and selling of counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials is not tolerated at the New York Anime Festival. NYAF is a celebration of the best of anime, and bootlegs have no place in the show. Violation of this rule will result in one and only one warning. A second violation and you'll be removed from the show.

IS THERE A COAT CHECK?
Yes. The Jacob Javits Center operates a coat check open to all exhibitors and attendees.

IS THERE WIFI IN THE JAVITS?
Yes. A 128K WiFi network is available in the Javits for $4.95 per hour, $29.95 per day, or $69.95 for three days. To logon, simply connect to the network named "Javits" and open an internet browser. When the browser loads, it'll automatically open a Javits WiFi entry page. Select your service and pay via credit card. A receipt will be e-mailed to you. (Please be aware that VPNs are not supported. Also, the Javits does not sell wireless cards or other wireless accessories.)

WHO'S THE ORGANIZER?
The New York Anime Festival is operated by Reed Exhibitions, the world's largest event organizer. Reed also runs New York Comic Con, BookExpo America, the London Book Fair, the Tokyo International Book Fair, and MIPCOM. Reed's publishing branch is responsible for magazines including Variety, Publishers Weekly, Video Business, and Playthings.

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO IN NYC?
Everything! To help you explore NYC, the New York Anime Festival has composed a collection of places, performers, and anime-inspired points of interest called Anime in NYC.
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-14

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm

that sounds too cool, i don't know if i'd be up for it...
Back to top Go down
Temari

Temari

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-24

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Ooh I might come for that, if I can get away from teaching then. I've wanted to go back to New York for ages, and it always falls through for one reason or another. I would be tempted to drive though... hmm... Damn school and my inability to plan in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/digitalangel7
Akimichi Chouji
Hokage
Akimichi Chouji

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-05-31

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Ridiculously long topic is ridiculously long

Sounds like fun though
Back to top Go down
http://naruberta.com
Hyuuga Hinata

Hyuuga Hinata

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-01

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:33 pm

I think I might be the only one on this fourm that can't play this new game even if I wanted too XDDD
Like everyone else has said, sounds fun~
Back to top Go down
Aburame Shino

Aburame Shino

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-05-31

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:41 pm

i'm with Hinata I DON"T EVEN HAVE A PASSPORT DX

yet alone that it's NY and my parents would have a bird XD
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-03

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:23 am

New York is actually not as bad as the rumors make it out to be....provided you don't meander around Central Park when it's nighttime. Laughing

Sounds interesting, but I think I may have hit my convention quota with my current set of plans. ^^;

So since you've been to this one before, how is it? ^^
Back to top Go down
Tenten
Anbu
Tenten

Registration date : 2008-06-04

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:28 pm

O_o New York is on my list for nexy year but I think I'm booked enough with Sakura-con, Otafest, Animethon, and bellerose. I'm already doing twice my regular planning load.
Back to top Go down
http://naruberta.deviantart.com/
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Registration date : 2008-06-03

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:28 am

Tenten wrote:
O_o New York is on my list for nexy year but I think I'm booked enough with Sakura-con, Otafest, Animethon, and bellerose. I'm already doing twice my regular planning load.

Cha I know what you mean. o_O I'm pushing my own envelope this year as well and I think some tough decisions need to be made to my schedule for fear of my wallet's life. T.T Let's see, I've got seven different cons on the scheduler right now.

New York is awesome to visit though, I go each year to converge with some friends and carpool to Otakon. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kankuro

Kankuro

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-06-02

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:49 am

IAM SOOOO IN!!!!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NY Anime Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY Anime Festival   NY Anime Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NY Anime Festival
Page 1 of 1