Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anime North 2009

Go down 
+2
Seras
Temari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Temari

Temari

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:26 am

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in going to Anime North. It's scheduled for May 22-24, and it looks like I'll be driving there. The only thing is I'll be leaving like two weeks early, basically right after Otafest. But if anyone feels like hanging around Ontario for a couple of weeks, I should be able to take two or three other people with me. Alternatively, if someone decides to fly in for it, I could at least drive people back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/digitalangel7
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Actually, I think Anime North is the weekend directly after Otafest, like 4 days after Otafest ends, Anime North begins. ^^; It might be a bit of a tight drive, all depending on how long you feel like driving for. Embarassed

In any event, I was just in talks with some friends of going to Anime North this year as well. ^^ I'd be flying though, just to be sure. Wink
Back to top Go down
Temari

Temari

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Really? I thought Otafest was earlier. Well that will be interesting since I have to be in Thunderbay till the 17th. I will make it somehow!
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:20 pm

it sounds fun, but between sakura-con and otafest it's too tight of as squeeze maybe next year...
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Temari wrote:
Really? I thought Otafest was earlier. Well that will be interesting since I have to be in Thunderbay till the 17th. I will make it somehow!

It all depends on if Otafest is on May long again. If it is, then it's going to be only days before Anime North. ^^; At least that's the way that it's been for the past two years or so....

It might be different in 09. ^^ I guess we won't get to see until they announce the dates. Wink
Back to top Go down
Temari

Temari

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Yeah.... I guess I won't really know what's happening with that until those dates are set. But I can for sure at least offer people a ride back home.
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Naruto
Anbu
Uzumaki Naruto

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm sure I can figure out how to make this work..lol..but seriously...i call shotgun right now
Back to top Go down
Temari

Temari

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Uzumaki Naruto wrote:
I'm sure I can figure out how to make this work..lol..but seriously...i call shotgun right now

Yeah, I need a time machine. lol. But I'll make it work one way or another. I could write to the Otafest people and whine at them so they schedule it for the earlier weekend.
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Naruto
Anbu
Uzumaki Naruto

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Seras wrote:
Actually, I think Anime North is the weekend directly after Otafest, like 4 days after Otafest ends, Anime North begins. ^^; It might be a bit of a tight drive, all depending on how long you feel like driving for. Embarassed

In any event, I was just in talks with some friends of going to Anime North this year as well. ^^ I'd be flying though, just to be sure. Wink

It took me a day and a half from Edmonton to Toronto last year for Anime North..trust me...it can work..lol all I need is 4 packs of redbull and im set..oh and not to mention alot of Zombie Girl, Slipknot, Converge, Dimmu Borgir and ofcourse Suffokate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Naruto
Anbu
Uzumaki Naruto

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:56 pm

Temari wrote:
Uzumaki Naruto wrote:

Yeah, I need a time machine. lol. But I'll make it work one way or another. I could write to the Otafest people and whine at them so they schedule it for the earlier weekend.

Trust me this can work..you have your second driver right here! lol we can make this happen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temari

Temari

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Uzumaki Naruto wrote:
Temari wrote:
Uzumaki Naruto wrote:

Trust me this can work..you have your second driver right here! lol we can make this happen Very Happy

Well it's not the driving that's the problem, I know I can make it on time for that. It's just that my arky conference might be at the same time as Otafest, in which case I don't know what I'm gonna do. I already promised people that I'd be at the conference... plus I really should present my research since it's like two years since I finished it already... so yeah. I guess I'll just have to wait and see till they set the dates.
Back to top Go down
shikamaru

shikamaru

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 pm

O_o you people are awesome... and insane....
Back to top Go down
Temari

Temari

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm not insane.... well maybe just a little.

I think I have it worked out tho. Have Sasori drive my car to Calgary while I fly to T-bay, and then fly from there to Calgary for half of Saturday and Sunday of the con. And then drive from there to Toronto.

Most complicated trip ever, ne? I always do this to myself. lol
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:43 am

Laughing

Cha, that sounds a twinge complicated, but if it works and ya can afford it, then why the hell not eh? Wink

Ya only live once. Cool

I myself am just going to fly my ace out probably a day or two after Otafest so I can kick it with some friends before the con. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tenten
Anbu
Tenten

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:31 pm

>_> -drops out of school-

YOU ARE THE SOUL OF ALL MY PROBLEMS!!!!

Now that thats settled... I just need to break free from the chains of work, spontaniously become rich and I can attend this event... Not happening, not this year anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://naruberta.deviantart.com/
Temari

Temari

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Tenten wrote:
>_> -drops out of school-

YOU ARE THE SOUL OF ALL MY PROBLEMS!!!!

Now that thats settled... I just need to break free from the chains of work, spontaniously become rich and I can attend this event... Not happening, not this year anyway.

Try gambling. It'll either work, or you'll be even more broke than you started out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Aburame Shino

Aburame Shino

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Uzumaki Naruto wrote:
Seras wrote:

It took me a day and a half from Edmonton to Toronto last year for Anime North..trust me...it can work..lol all I need is 4 packs of redbull and im set..oh and not to mention alot of Zombie Girl, Slipknot, Converge, Dimmu Borgir and ofcourse Suffokate Very Happy
I could supply some Insane Clown Posse and some Slipknot for you if ya want XD

I would love to go but my parents wouldn't let me XP
Back to top Go down
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 am

I guess that's one good thing about being on my own. I may have to work more to support myself, but there's no parental unit to tell me what I can and cannot do. ^^
Back to top Go down
Tenten
Anbu
Tenten

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:12 pm

I still live with the parental figures (till september) but they learned a long time ago to button the lip. Lest they be exposed to one of Tenten's famous mood swings!
Back to top Go down
http://naruberta.deviantart.com/
Seras
Hokage
Seras

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Tenten wrote:
I still live with the parental figures (till september) but they learned a long time ago to button the lip. Lest they be exposed to one of Tenten's famous mood swings!

Laughing That's freakin awesome! lol!

Hehe, no matter how strong my mood swings were growing up, my Mom's were always stronger. Laughing

I've never been to Anime North before, does anyone have any idea what it's like? ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anime North 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime North 2009   Anime North 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime North 2009
Page 1 of 1